Bristol is one of the UK’s leading regional filming destinations, and TV and film shoots make a major contribution to the city’s economy, worth an estimated £17 million a year.
Since Bristol Film Office was founded in 2003, it has assisted TV & film production worth more than £235 million of inward investment for the city.
In 2019/20 Bristol Film Office issued more than 250 productions with permits to film in the city.
Almost 1,000 filming days took place at Bristol locations and/or at the city’s Bottle Yard Studios.
Read more in the latest Bristol Film Office annual film & TV production review.
Here are some of the high end TV productions and features filmed in the city in past years.
- The One, Urban Myth/Netflix [TV]
- The Salisbury Poisonings, Dancing Ledge/BBC [TV}
- Industry, Bad Wolf/BBC/HBO [TV]
- His Dark Materials, Bad Wolf/BBC/HBO [TV]
- McDonald & Dodds, Mammoth Screen/ITV
- The Pale Horse, Mammoth Screen/Agatha Christie Ltd/BBC [TV]
- The Trial of Christine Keeler, Ecosse Films/BBC [TV]
- Sanditon, Red Planet Pictures/ITV [TV]
- War of the Worlds, Urban Myth/Canal+/Fox Network Group [TV]
- Hellboy, Lionsgate [FILM]
- Poldark, Mammoth Screen/BBC [TV]
- The Spanish Princess, New Pictures/Playground Entertainment/Starz [TV]
- Stan & Ollie, BBC Films/EOne [FILM]
- The Festival, Fudge Park/Film 4/Entertainment Film [FILM]
- Kiri, The Forge/Channel 4 [TV]
- The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society, Blueprint Pictures/MazurKaplan Company/StudioCanal [FILM]
- Another Mother’s Son, Bill Kenwright Films [FILM]