Film Hub South West
Film Hub South West nurtures the new wave of filmmaking talent in the region, supporting writers, directors and producers at the start of their careers with original stories to tell and inspired approaches to their craft.
It supports projects with funding by contributing to production costs on short films or supporting the early development stages of feature films. Funded projects also benefit from creative and professional guidance.
Read more about Film Hub South West and BFI Network South West, managed by Watershed.
Stay across the latest news by following @networkfhsw
Bristol production news from Film Hub South West:
- Bristol-based director Tia Salisbury and producer Katherine Press backed by BFI Network South West for short film A Noble Truth.
- New short from BAFTA-winning Bait director Mark Jenkin, Hard, Cracked The Wind backed with BFI Network South West funding. The ‘dark drama of poetry and the power of voices from beyond the grave’ is written by Adrian Bailey, produced by Kate Byers and Linn Waite of Bristol company Early Day Films, and Denzil Monk.
- Bristol filmmaker Sophie Mair awarded the John Brabourne Award to develop slate.
- 7 new and emerging producers selected for the BFI Network South West’s Producer’s Lab in April 2019 at Watershed, led by Rachel Robey (Wellington Films), producer of BAFTA nominated London to Brighton and The Levelling.
- 9 creatives interested in directing for film take part in BFI Network South West’s Introduction to Directing masterclass in April 2019, led by director Sam Masud at UWE Bristol.
- 9 emerging writers take part in the BFI Network South West’s Script Development Workshop at Watershed in May 2019, led by script consultant Selina Ukwuoma.